Batman gets Dick Van Dyke To Replace Robin in The Batmobile.

This is a toy Corgi car from my childhood. Oh the joy of firing the rear mortars and 'cutting' 'chains; with that front metal cutter! I think the scale is 1/48 (Warhammer scale). Unfortunately Robin has long since gone AWOL.

Recently I obtained a Dick Van Dyke - thanks Brian - as well as another Batman for a different vehicle. I don't remember the character's name but he was the driver of Chittychittybangbang. As I don't have the car if anyone has a Robin to swap for him please let me know. The new pal is a little big for the vehicle anyway.




Comments

  1. James Available from eBay seller Dreamgirl1967 Unpainted recast available here https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Corgi-Batmobile-Robin-Figure-No-267-Unpainted-Metal-Casting-spare-parts/254067331814?hash=item3b2797d2e6:g:vvMAAOSw3v5Ypwpf

    ReplyDelete
  2. His name was Caractacus Potts - interestingly the original book was written by Ian Fleming. I had the Batmobile toy car as a child too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve been in a ‘real’ Batmobile! In the distant 1970s a Ford dealer in Scotland built it on a Mk3 Cortina platform. No firing rockets though.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those gizmo cars are very cool and how wonderful to have life size ones to travel in! Another one I liked was the Munsters vehicle.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts