1/32 or 1/35 Planes And Repairs

 Recently, I bought some assembled plastic planes from Bob and also spare buts and pieces, including pilots. I have never been a huge plane buff but I get interested if I can use them in wargames, and preferably if they are 1/32 or at least 1/35. Normally large scale kit planes are 1/35 but these look like the could even be 1/32.

They had been assembled reasonably well with some excess glue here and there but nothing too bad, Unfortunately the entombed pilots were only very basically painted and because they were glued under canopies I couldn't repaint them. (Most people who know my toy soldier tastes know I like faces properly painted and that goes for pilots to. If they have no eyes how can they pilot their planes?

However, I was able to paint the spare pilots and one of these went into my metal American plane - I forget what it is.

Here is my favourite metal plane complete with new pilot. I made a seat from putty although I don't know if the plane was a single seater or double. I also ventured to replace the missing propellers with a disc of clear plastic cut from packaging. It needs to be more of a disc as I started to trim it and trim it until it ended up with angles. But what I most like is the canopy, cut from a pen packaging cover. Hers is a DIYS solution to the missing canopy. I'm not worried that it is unlikely to be the exact shape. It just does the job. This plane served the role as a Syldavian Pursuit plane. I probably should paint a pelican on it as the Syldavian symbol.





                                               The propeller disc needs to be closer fitting.
                        Here is one of the assembled kit planes, fortunately still with propellers. However, it is missing the rear portion of the canopy.
                       Here is the other German plane I hastily repaired for the recent wargame. I didn't have time to sand back the engine cover. As mentioned in an earlier post the cover was a spare one for another kit which had to be filled in with putty. The Bordurian roundels are cracked as the enamel yellow paint did not properly dry before I panted the acrylic black over the top.




                                                Another model from Bob, this time Japanese.


                         Most of the propellers are missing or broken off so I might replace them with plastic transparent discs to simulate moving propellers.

Someone might be able to tell me what planes they represent as I don't know a Mosquito from a Horse Fly.

What I do know is they have provided an air dimension for my wargames.

Comments

Popular Posts