West Point Cadet Unit

 The unit is almost complete. I have two flag bearers to add. On the front left is one of the smaller scale Marx cadets. (The others look smaller just because they are further away). I'm thinking of adding a bugler or drummer from converting a Cherilea or Crescent British Guardsman.

I did end up with some variation in grey tunic colours but it is  not bothering me too much, at least not enough to repaint. Some figures have been left with elements of their original paint and white plastic trousers. Others were soft plastic completely unpainted and so the paint work is entirely mine. You can see the differences in the two officers in front. The one to the right has a more model paint job and the one on the left more of a traditional toy soldier look although I may have enhanced that one too. Most of these I painted a few years ago and I have been adding to them as I find figures or decided to fix something like missing plumes. Nearly all of the hard plastic figures have been repaired.




This unit will, with others, be invading Ozzz so the Munchkins really will look very small next to them.

Comments

Popular Posts