Gillikin Officer On Goat Converted From Cereal Pirate

Usually I wouldn't bothehr with using such a cartoony figure but it is for Ozzz which is a pretty strange place. Nor would I ordinarily cut up 60s cereal figures as they are collectible and also have a firm nostalgic place in my heart. Cereal figures were one of the exciting things for a child living in the 1960s and I often had to wait until the cereal was almost all gone from the packet! (Originally the toys were actually in the plastic or waxed paper bag inside). Anyway to cut a long story short, this particular figure was not one from my childhood and I already had the series I had kept. However, he was lacking an arm and had other damage. So, why not turn him into something 'useful'.

So I cut off his boots and reset them with wire and Super Glue and used putty to fill gaps. The arm was replaced with wire and putty but I need to add a bit more putty around the wrist. Then I had a very nice goat which, might also be from a creal packet as it has n made in China or HK on it.


                              So here is the goat with reins and a putty saddle and blanket.

                   Here is the little guy compared to a Timpo Roman - more on him in the next post.

 

Comments

Popular Posts