Timpo Roman

 This particular Roman lacked weapon, shield and horse but now he has all three and has been painted. The Roman is from the earlier one piece rather than Swoppet plastic Romans.

I realise that Roman horsemen would probably have had oval rather than rectangular infantry type shields but I wanted to keep the Timpo look and had a pile of Timpo spare shields.

Unfortunately, when I Superglued the shield some glue went over the Roman's face and spoilt my paint job but I brought it at least partly back. Now I just say he has horrible war scars.

He has a Timpo spear which I may or may not paint as I cant see the paint staying n that flexible surface. maybe I'll change it for a sword which only needs to be silver and already is so.

The horse is a spare from one of my horse boxes. It is either Italeri or hat, I think.





Comments

Popular Posts