Figure Repairs Painted

                                                  Here are the recent figure repairs painted. 




  I just found out that the US Naval officer originally had binoculars in his left hand. Oh well, it doesn't matter really except I could have made the hand clasping binoculars and it would have been easier than the open hand. The hand is a bit rough, mainly because the thickness of the wire interfered with getting the proper shape. It is a nice figure except for the huge feet!
  The Cherilea German I decided to paint as Africa Corps because that is the style of the uniform. Historically, the Africa Corps uniforms were mainly started in a 'Reed Green' but faded to a mustardy sand color. Helmets were painted sand color. I am most pleased with this repaired figure as I completely sculpted the left arm and it turned out fairly convincing.


Comments

Popular Posts