Weird And Wonderful Op Shop Fantasy Finds

 This Easter I went on my annual ACOTS trip, travelling by public transport, first to Melbourne then a plane to Adelaide. However, I had a stopover at my cousin's place just outside of Melbourne.

Kerrie does some craft work and collects dolls and teapots, among other things, so likes to do the op shop rounds. She took me with her on one of these expeditions.

Among my finds were some gold plastic copies of Marxman Romans, a monster carrying telegraph pole and a creepy dollhead conversion.

First up, here is the plastic monster. I am going to replace or change the telegraph pole into a club or other weapon and add it to my Chaos or Undead army. (In the background are some of Kerrie's ornaments).



Now, this extraordinary head! I admire people who tinker and repurpose items like this. The skin shade and the cracks caught my attention. I wasn't so sure about the added cogs as they don't interlink to look like a mechanism, but they serve as a kind of steampunk decoration.

                                            The Hilco knight is placed there as a size indicator.
                The doll's head was $4, as was the monster, which was included with some other toys.

Now,  I want to think of a scenario for their use.

The Romans I'll cover in a future post.

Comments

Popular Posts