Anti-Ming Arborea Rebels Conversions

 One of the things to fascinate me about old Science Fiction stories is the prevalence of historical looking outfits. The Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers series were known for this. Among the enemies of Ming the Merciless were the forest rebels of Arboria, who looked very much like Robin Hood's men.

  The good thing about this is I can incorporate my historical troops in any retro SF scenario. (The other scenario is where humans have settled widely across planets and star systems and different societies have become cut off from each other and regress from their original high technology to forms resembling their Earth ancestors.

   As for the figures, the one with bow is a Kellogs figure whose bow was broken off; I made a new one from wire. The other figure is cheapo copy of Timpo  WW2 GI.  I trimmed the helmet down and built it back up, with green Stuff, into a pointed cap. 

  My idea is to have figures with both bows and 'ray guns'. The submachinegun looks crude for what it is intended to depict but looks spot on for this purpose.



Prince Barin, their leader, will be a future conversion although I am told that Elasto Wit will be making more Flash Gordon characters.

Comments

Popular Posts