Op Shop Animals And Civilians

 

Today I bought a large bag of animals and civilians from the local op shop. The ones I am showing are just a small portion, these being ones I am keeping. The exceptions are the first two horses and the trucks which I bought in other op shop purchases.

I have seen these horses before and read that they were, at least originally, English made but I forget the brand. I'd like to now if they have much collectable value before I modify and paint them. Both are open underneath so I am inclined to fill them. They are useful for pulling cannons and wagons.

   Ducks have character so I like to put them around my wargame table and scenery.
   A lousy pic but this is a giraffe (probably copy of Britains) and a giveaway Balinese dancer.
                             Armadillo and aardvark.  I kept them as they are unusual animals.
                   Another people of the world giveaway and a small horse with no markings.
                                                               Cricketer from a game 
  This is a distinctive horse with no markings. I am inclined to think it is an English make. Any thoughts?
                                                      More ducks, my favorites - charging!
                                    A couple of small-scale barbarians from the Catapults and Crossbows game and a green camel from a series of green animals.
                                           The Britains metal is there for size comparison. The plastic figure with whip is good material for a conversion as he is nicely sculpted and has an interesting pose.
               The human figures. The smaller figures might end up as Munchkin civilians.
                 Here is a Britains cow among all the Chinese or Hong Kong knockoffs.
Various dogs that might or might not find their way to being mascots for regiments. The top one might be cereal.
 


As if I don't have enough of these but one day they may end up hauling wagons, supplies or riders (on the camels).

                              I liked this little tin plate truck which I bought with a smaller bag.
                      The vehicle with large claw might end up as part of a Space Ork vehicle.

Comments

Popular Posts