Of Vampires. Skeleton Unicorns And Scorpions

In the spirit of approaching Halloween here is a 'horror' special.

First up is one of a number of morbid vacuum made plastic baby heads that were a nice variation on the usual Halloween skulls. A smaller one of these skulls featured in an early post with my Nurgle conversion. There is something disconcerting about creepy baby heads. The head is nestled in a Schleich tower.

  My ACW sailors and ironclad gatecrashed this photo. This is a collection of 54mm and 28mm vampires. The smaller ones are Warhammer and a present from my daughter. 
                                   The rather ecstatic vampire at rear left is a conversion from a plastic Disney princess with a metal bust upper part made in a rare larger scale vampire from Eureka Miniatures. The other 54mm vampires are resin ones, mostly guzzling (presumably blood) from skull goblets. The figure at front middle is a Dark Elder Wych character.
                              The display piece, with columns, came with the resin vampires.
  Now for my recent plastic skeleton beasts. I referred to these in my late post. I bought them at Woolworths supermarket. I never really celebrated Halloween, but I always look forward to the cheap toys that come out, at that time, each year. I have put some of my 54mm Undead army around them to show the size.

  The unicorn has a big head and hair and tail intact. For this reason, I am inclined to make it into a zombie unicorn. As for the oversized head, well it IS a fantasy beast, so I'll accept that.

   The scorpion is nice, even though, you know it, scorpions don't have internal skeletons. Neither should the spiders I bought last year but creatures like spiders or insects have a limitation from their body type to just how big they can grow. I think it has to do with the weight and atmosphere. On the other hand, there was an era when 'sea scorpions' were as big as men. But they didn't support their weight on land.

  By the way, the mounted vampire carries a flag with a disposable tattoo transfer. The horse is Lido. The rider is made from the upper part of a plastic fantasy set and the lower from a copy of a Britains Detail knight. The other is a conversion from a cheapo knight and copy of Britains Detail horse. The head is from a set of skeleton dinosaurs.









 

Comments

Popular Posts