A $4 Bag Of Cheapos

 I have taken to scouring of shops for figures like those below. On very rare occasions I even find the odd made in England figure but that is a VERY rare occasion. Even so, I enjoy looking through the cheap figures and usually find something of use.

  BELOW:
Copies of Airfix British

Copies of Timpo cowboys and Indian. I pick these up when I see them. I'm thinking of adding a bow to the Indian.

This red cowboy is interesting as he is a combination foot torso with a mounted bottom. I forget if it is Airfix or Marx.
   Copy of airfix Indian with Winchester, copy of Timpo Indian and the hybrid cowboy
                 The lot, also including a couple of civilians, action figure backpack and the jeep with UN markings.


Monster in My Pocket figures. They are somewhat collectable. They are promising figures for fantasy or SF wargames except that they are VERY rubbery so they would need a PVA or Modge Podge undercoat and overcoat for painting. If I use them for gaming, I will cut off the legs and give them longer ones to fit in with my 54mm figures.


   Nothing too exciting but they are good copies of Airfix cowboys and Indians. Apparently the ever-popular fanning the pistol action would be impractical and possibly damage one's hand. However the figure could be converted, after removing the pistol, for a figure manning a Gattling, cannon or just moving stuff around. 
 The copy, left and the original right. The original has crisper detail but what is unusual is that the copy is slightly larger than the original; usually it is the other way around. I like these copies as they do retain a fair amount of detail and the faces are good for painting.





Comments

Popular Posts