Little Petal Dons Her Shield & Plume - Fantasy Conversion

 I was thinking, and that is dangerous, what if Little Petal had a shield? At first I thought of a round gold one I had with ahead like Alexandrer the Great's. I couldn't find it but then I came across a bunch of Halloween false fingernails - yippee. I also found my forgotten triceratops howdah conversions.

  This is a really nice solid plastic toy dinosaur I scavenged from op shop or flea market. I didn't even need to paint it. I just added the gift box howdah and my dear old mum's costume jewelry plus some cheap neck chain.

   An assortment of Red Indians in bright colors made the crew.

   A close up of the shield - what a beauty as it did not even need my paintwork. The pipe-cleaner plume also works, I think. Is green best or would red or purple be better? I or twenty or thirty of these for $2 at a party place. They are quite long and will last me forever so long as I want just green plumes.I could have undercoated and painted the plume, but it would lose some of its fluffy look. The only reservation is if I look very carefully, I can see the metal in the middle.
 The bloke at left was a conversion of a Cherilea Indian by another collector, Tony, but I added some more putty work with loincloth and repainted. I fancy it is Little Petal's dad wanting to have a go despite his advancing years.

Little petal could also serve in my Barsoom and Patran armies. I assume her family's past association with Patra has influenced the shield design with the Eye Of Osiris signifying the Egyptian part of the Patran culture. Will Little Petal's Eye of Osiris restore order as the chaos of invasion approaches?

Comments

Popular Posts