The Day The Earth Stood Still & A Beersteiner Engineer Gets Some More Work.

 The Beersteiner engineer gets a white waist belt and some eye straightening. I'll be doing some others to keep him company although I had intended this type of work to be done by my dwarf unit. This is a resin copy of ElastoWit and my copy had a small facial distortion.



So I trimmed the lower nose and painted on a moustache which, I think is an improvement. I have much nostalgia for Timpo American revolution figures which is why I made some resin Timpo heads. I have added one to the next engineer I am working on. Ghosts of Timpo past? The transparent figure actually looks like an ice statue and kind of beautiful, but I'll paint it just the same.


  You can't see it here, but I lined up a missing Timpo ponytail with the one still attached to the back of the copy of ElastoWit. Unlike the Timpo originals I'll paint his hair as natural rather than as a wig.



  The Day the Earth Stood Still was one of the more annoying early SF films. The acting sounded a bit stilted, especially from that smug, sanctimonious alien. I so much wanted he and his robot to get blown to bits. As it happened the alien did get shot and killed but temporarily brought back to life by that robot. The alien and robot here are by ElastoWit.





Below is a poster for the film. I got the idea from this for metallic green on the robot. The robot in the poster looks very naughty, in fact downright lustful. But he was totally well behaved in the film and was only a threat to destroy the whole Earth, not to ravish any particular woman.




Comments

  1. Very classical Sci-fi. Are you planning any game on this theme?
    Roger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Klaatu and Gort -- great figures from one of my favorite films.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At present I have no specific plan to play this theme. If I closely followed the film, it would be boring as the robot is presented as invulnerable. However, the robot will see action as a generic robot at some point.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts