Aztec Conversions From Cherilea Indians

 The Larger Cherilea Indians already look vaguely Aztec and I had converted some another time. This time I made the conversions a little more radical. The figure at far right is a Crescent Indian, slightly smaller than the other figures. All these were rather battered figures before I battered them some more. I have a number of Reamsa Aztecs but not enough to make a whole unit of Aztec Jaguar 'Knights'. These figures are big blighters, just like the Reamsa warriors. Three of the figures have shields made from buttons. The native Indians had bare chests so I added putty to make it look like they wore the jaguar-type pant suit. The head covering is sometimes depicted as leaving chins open ut most show the head completely enveloped except for the face. Sometimes jaguar eyes are more natural and sometimes very stylized.

  I left the loin cloth but was usure if the Jaguar Knights wore these at rear as well as at front. Interpretations of whether they wrapped around outside the suit or projected from inside also varied. I drilled holes for wire tails. The clubs were the most simple weapons to represent but I probably made the heads of the clubs too big.

  Anyhow, I want to undercoat and paint these before my next major wargame involving Aztecs.




Comments

  1. Excellent conversion work on these curious oversized (60mm?) oddities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. They are even slightly bigger than 60mm. James

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts