Ape Warrior Conversions

A couple of stocky pirates gave me the idea for a couple of gorilla warriors. The figures were already bow legged and chunky. I carved down the heads and made Green Stuff ones over the lugs. I gave a spare shield and a Timpo axe to one and some other putty additions to the one I left with telescope. That one will be part of an artillery crew. I need to add a sword to his waist.


I am thinking of making molds of these figures. The ones with shields could be part of my Beastman army.

 

Comments

  1. The heads are very nice sculpted!
    I've been trying 'Greenstuff' once, but think it was harder to work than 'Miliput'. I'm not sure if I did anything wrong or if this stuff turns 'old'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The main problem I have had is if the mix of two parts is not quite right and it hardens too quickly so it does not adhere. The drying time is usually good and allows time to sculpt it. I do add a little Super Glue to wear it touches the rest of the model to ensure it does not break off.
    So far, I have had no trouble with it going 'off' and I have used it for many years. it gets overcoated like the rest of the figure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts