Cheap accessories

 I frequently check out the op shops for anything useful. Finding collectible toy soldiers there is very rare and even the cheapo ones are becoming less common. 

  BELOW: These children's game cards have animal pictures on one side and domino markings on the other side. They are just the right size and dimensions to base my 1/32 cavalry.

  I visited my local landscape supplier and asked for a couple of buckets of sand. One bucket has fine and the other coarse sand/gravel. The man filled one of the buckets for me and I filled the other. Just as the last time I asked he charged nothing. The buckets were also free and came from a restaurant where I collect their food scraps for my ducks and chickens. The sand is used on toy soldier bases, various model projects and is sprinkled across my lawn to make roads.

I got these $3 sample pots from Bunnings hardware. I show a $6 Games Workshop paint bottle for size comparison.
Split pins, also from Bunnings, are flat on one side and slightly curved on the other. Cut to size, they make suitable sword or bayonet scabbards and swords, ideal for 1/32 scale.
 A cheapo copy of Airfix Indian on a repaired made in England horse. (I like these particular Indians better than the originals as they have excellent facial definition, and the copies combine foot poses with mounted. The top half of this was a foot figure in the Airfix original). Where was I? Oh yeah, it is mounted on one of those domino cards.

Comments

Popular Posts