Mexican Made Pirate Little People Get Some Homes, Mermaids Preen and a Beton 40s Lady is Resin Cloned & a Gender Changing Copy Made of a Hollowcast Pirate

First up this guzzling pirate had relatively wide hips and my resin casting did not come out well so... Some wire and putty and this soak has breasts and dress. She is based on a metal Disney series disk.

  Today I bought some hobbit-type houses from the Reject Shop. At $6 Aus. each they are not bad. They would work for 28mm figures too. They are probably slightly small for these figures. From left is a cheapo Chinese made pirate, possibly still in production. The other five are older character hard plastic figures with individual names on their bodies. I believe they were made in Mexico.

  I painted these figures to represent some kind of unit. I'll probably add darker washes to the doors and stones of the houses.





  The lady is 54mm so gives an idea of the size of the pirates. She is a resin copy I made from an old Beton hard plastic set of  1940s or 50s civilians. Beton was active from the1930s to the 1950s.
  The mermaids are 54mm metal figures I bought from Temu. I painted them in Little Mermaid style. (If there were ever real mer-people they would probably look more like sea-cows with plenty of blubber for warmth in the sea).
  The figure at left is an old Inquisition Miniatures ork which I have based on a piece of plastic, which looks like it belongs in a vehicle or on a building. There is a big machinegun, somewhere which goes with it. I once bought a number of the metal 28mm, Adelaide based Inquisition figures; they had a lot of character. The figure at right is another pirate I painted as a goblin/gillikins. I have some more detail to still paint on it.

More pirates painted as 'bad guys' - gillikins/goblins.











     The figure at left was from a cheapo bucket of fantasy figures. I changed the hat to a turban to be a Fezian wizard.

 CONCLUSION

I often strive to have interchangeability with units. Basically, the midgets can be hobbits, munchkins or dwarfs. The green-skins can be goblins or gillikins. These particular, short-arse, figures will probably man cannons.

Comments

Popular Posts