The First Beersteiner Lancers from Action Pack Napoleonics
I always liked the Action pack Napoleonics and ACW figures. I did not have them in my earliest childhood armies but got them in my later teens and twenties. I like the chunky look although details are often a bit wrong, with occasionally too short muskets and coat tails.
Anyhow I looked through my Napoleonics box and discovered enough shako lancers to make a unit. Rather than going through my uniform books to find an appropriate reference I decided to just go ahead with my own invented uniform. As usual, I also added metal wire lances and Super Glue or aluminium can pennants. I showed, in an earlier post a conversion to a bugler.
The officer with sword will be given a pipe cleaner plume.
Yes, you are correct. The green figure is not Timpo but DSG. I am going to change the arm to make him into a flag bearer. The bugler is still being painted. I need one more figure. I am not sure if I have another available Action Pack lancer so I might convert him from another DSG Napoleonic even a cowboy. The other slightly tedious thing is I have to assemble the horses and make the horse furniture. The horses will mostly NOT be Timpo.
The color purple as regimental facing is not a British thing but I might still use these fellows as British/Redians. Britain, after observing the French use of lances decided to form its own lancer regiments after the war. I could also use them as Mexicans, South Americans and so on. they won't exactly correspond to a historical unit but they have the right vibe. Their first use will be as Beersteiners, essentially as our fantasy campaign is at early to mid 19th century level (but still with 18th century units also) and the usual coat color for them is red.

Comments
Post a Comment