Supreme Fantasy 65mm knights









I very much like Supreme figures and have painted quite a few of their Vikings. I bought two sets of these made in China fantasy knights. Although many Supreme figures dwarf 54mm I thought they would make good Chaos warriors for my large scale Warhammer games. I bought two sets, enough to make a unit of twenty infantry with some mounted figures to boot. They could pass as historical Gothic looking knights once you changed some of the outlandish weapons. As it happens the large size and outlandish weapons are just fine for what I have in mind, although I'll replace some of the more bendy ones. Chaos warriors are suffused with evil warping energy so they are allowed to be bigger than the poor 54mm warriors that will come up against them.

The lion helmet helms are nice and some of them I might remove and put on 54mm figures. The eagle/hawk helm. though, looks rather like a fat stuffed parrot.

I've decided for the figures on  black armour with a goldy bronze edging colour scheme with red - brown sword belts and scabbards. I have already painted my three favourites and will post pics in a few days.

The two varieties of Pegasus are charming, although the wings would not be big enough to get them off the ground with Earth's gravity - maybe they are on a low gravity planet or magic keeps them aloft, even with the barding one of them wears. Maybe the 'rooster tail' one of them has helps. I'm still deciding what to do with them. The options are remove the wings and just use them as horses, remove the wings and give them bigger ones or leave the wings on, or a mixture of the previous choices. I might also attach the wings to humanoid warriors!

                                                         Above: The new paint jobs.

TEST YOUR UNDERCOATS
I undercoated some more of these figures, first with a plastic primer spray and then an enamel black spray. Unlike my previous paintjobs above where I used a different plastic spray and an acrylic spray undercoat the paint has remained sticky! No doubt this is connected with them being a very soft, slightly rubbery plastic; I have seen the same thing happen with Britains Detail figures, notably with the knights saddle blankets. I intend to soak the sticky figures in Pine O Clean for a month or so to remove the paint - a mesy business.

Comments

Popular Posts