Japanese Horse Holder.

This is another one of my conversions from a WW2 figure, in this case a Matchbox German hand grenade thrower. The horse is a Replicants one. The head was Historex, I think.

I cut off the grenade and respirator and added a putty haversack. I could have added a sword but I have assumed he left it behind because I couldn't be bothered finding one and gluing it on!

Being critical I'd say the head is a tad small for the figure as those Matchbox blokes are hefty. I didn't worry too much about the rifle being exact but bolt action rifles from early 20th century to WW2 were fairly similar in design.
The blue looks lighter in the photo than on the figure. I am doing some more of these to have dismounted versions of my Japanese cavalry. I have read mixed reports abut how good the Japanese cavalry were but their uniforms for the late 19th century to early 20th century were splendid.



Comments

  1. very clever l love your work wonderful stuff kind regards Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paul and it is always wonderful to hear from other toy soldier enthusiasts. Feel free to post comments about your own projects too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. l will thankyou kind regards Paul

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts