One Little, two Little Indians

 Today I finished painting my repaired figures. I added in a metal Hilco cowboy I did some months ago.

BELOW:
The Crescent Indian is here painted. I am inclined to add some lighter skin tone highlights as I think he is a tad too dark. I have painted the jacket as a captured cavalry shell jacket.. I tried him out on a horse. I might or might no keep him on this one, in which case, I'll add saddle blanket and reins.



Foreground are two old Hilco hollowcast figures. The cowboy is the one I already had completed except for the pocket outlines (a typical design in the 19th century). His hat had been altered to have a high crown. The Indian has the converted firebrand. These old Western figures are crude but a decent paint job will do wonders. No way was I just going to paint them as originals as that was a very limited palette and detail,

The plastic Hilco cowboy has his repaired lasso and a paint job which includes green pants as tribute to the color of the plastic.



Comments

Popular Posts