Lido Knight And Hulk Conversions

     One of my recent acquisitions was a key ring Hulk. A while ago I also bought a bag of Lido knights.

Below: the Lido knight converted and undercoated


The Hulk with chain removed and ball and chain weapon added. He is undercoated white because he is going to be painted a pale flesh.
                                The weapon was a length of thick wire and a piece of jewelry.
   The Lido knight has a new weapon as they tended to come with halberds which are infantry weapons.


               It is clear here that I added a cloak to the knight. The main reason is that the Lido knights are SKINNY. The cloak will conceal that. For a change I made the cloak out of plasticene. I also added hot glue from the glue gun and Super Glue followed by PVA. Plasticene does not lend itself to a permanent, rigid surface for painting, so it has, instead a coating, just like hobbyists used to do in the good old days before Green Stuff. They used the semi-mythical 'Banana Oil' which I think was a model aircraft dope for balsa airplanes to harden their surface for painting.

  here are some of my other Lido knights. I especially like the late medieval look of the armor and the barding on the horses. However the horses are hollow and open under the armor. Their legs are also flat on the inner side. I filled the horse with hot glue and also smeared some on the inner side of the legs to thicken them out.
As soon as I gave the knight his weapon, I regretted it as it is not a lance holding pose; it should be held closer to the body but maybe he is in the process of hefting it into the couched pose.

   The hulk is going to be a ghoul for my Undead army, one of many, I hope. They are actually not undead but just as creepy and a bit stronger than skeleton warriors and zombies.

Comments

Popular Posts